As promised, I pinged TBK and got an update from her:
I got fired April 27. My site goes back up May 17. I went back and cleaned up my site for the relaunch, updated my Best of TBK section, and now I’m writing future posts. I have some great topics in the queue.
I haven’t been able to keep up with all the comments from all over the Internet, but from what I’ve seen at least 80% have been supportive, which I honestly find surprising. I’ve seen a few haters, but my man reminds me, “It’s the people you can touch that truly matter.” That helps me keep things in perspective.
While I was offline I finished writing an ebook targeted for women. It’s called “The Book of Goddess: Elevating Your Desirability to Mythic Proportions.” It will be offered for free in a couple months. I hope it develops into a real book.
The ebook I wrote is targeted towards women, especially single women and women in transition. Thanks to the society we live in, SO many women deal with crippling insecurities. They hide their body, settle in bad relationships, deny themselves a great sex life.
My ebook is meant to help women work on the three things they need in order to be a goddess and get what they want out of life. My advice is very unconventional and based on my own life experiences. I feel qualified to speak on this because I have everything that I want out of life (um, except a job) – a fabulous daughter, a great little house of my own, an amazing partner, and a fantastic sex life. I’m surrounded by love and positive energy, and I want to pass that on to other women.
Remember, there are only three things we really need in life – a roof over our head, food in our belly, and people who love us.
The book is scheduled to be released on July 5 – the perfect way to celebrate Independence Day.
I didn’t realize it, but TBK has been all OVER the news lately, even mainstream media has picked up her story.
- Post on HuffPo written by Dan and Jennifer, our blogger friends over at askdanandjennifer.com.
- Article on Inc. called Surprised Employer Fires Sex Blogger with plenty of links.
- Riverfront Times, from TBK’s very own hometown of St Louis, ran an article about the same thing with a nice racy pic that kind of makes me want to do TBK.
- Awesome podcast interview with TBK on the Kink On Tap blog, lots of juicy stuff in there including a hot snowballing episode that gave me a half chub.
- Sexis article where TBK talks about why she’s relaunching her site and how the backlash (and support) has affected her.
Lastly, TBK has been twittering (@tbk365) regularly, go there to check out the latest from the Kink Queen.