By Honey on Mar 26, 2011 in Featured, Marriage | comments(6)
Thought that since I’d shared so much of my journey with Jake with all of you, I’d share this as well! Jake and I got engaged on Friday, March 18. I kind of knew it was coming but I’d been wrong a few times before so I was trying not to get too excited. But now I’m thrilled!
It started when he planned a trip to Rocky Point, Mexico for us. We drove down on Wednesday (about a 4.5 hour drive) and came back on Sunday. We stayed at a resort called the Sonoran Sun (picture after the jump): Continued
By Honey on Jul 21, 2009 in Featured, Life | comments(3)
So, for the first time in my life, I took a paid vacation where I did absolutely not a single productive thing – and it was totally delightful! I knew I was going to Colorado to visit a friend and her new baby for 5 days, but thought that once I got back I’d write a billion Honey and Lance posts, balance my checkbook, clean the house…not a bit of it.
I did cook two of my specialty dinners (cheese enchiladas one night and baked tofu on another), but aside from that I watched ridiculous amounts of TV, masturbated, and had sex with the BF four times over the weekend. Now I know that for a stud like Lance that’s apparently nothing, but that’s about as frequently as the BF and I can do it without a UTI, a yeast infection, or a kidney infection, so it’ll have to do. What with the BF’s horrible overworked-ness lately, it’s a recent record for us in any case. I’m a thrilled and satisfied girl.
Now for a few pics of where I was for the last week: Continued
By Honey on Jul 8, 2009 in Featured, Marriage | comments(12)
Sorry about the long absence, my peeps! It was due to a multitude of factors:
- I went out of town for a few days for some freelance/contract work,
- When I got back parking & transportation services had moved my car (I was parked on campus) and I (and the police) thought my car was stolen for a horrible, horrible 24 hours,
- I caught a disgusting cold that laid me up for most of a week (stupid airports/airplanes), and
- By the time I was better I’d given it to the BF (and we all know sick guys are wussier and take more caring for than sick girls do), and
- Lance basically hadn’t posted in months and I decided that my responsible and regular posting was only enabling him, so I went on strike to make him post and find out what he was up to. Hey! It worked! You can send your eternal thanks to honey [at] honeyandlance.com
Every day I have said that I’ll write a post when I get home from work, but pretty much all that was happening was that I was experimenting with different varieties of homemade soup (yesterday I made watermelon gazpacho and it was amazing) so here I am writing away at work. I’m naughty that way. Continued
By Honey on Jun 5, 2009 in Relationships | comments(9)
Lots of fun things going on right now for me! First of all, I received my diploma in the mail – so it’s Dr. Honey to you!!! Very exciting.
In celebration, I threw away the 5 full drafts of my dissertation with my committee members’ feedback that I’d been saving “just in case.” The BF noticed the giant box was gone out of the middle of our living room when he got home, and was very pleased. I have some other things that can probably be thrown away now, as well (chapter drafts, my proposal stuff, some comprehensive exams drafts and notes) but they’re currently “away” so it’s not as urgent. Continued
By Honey on May 20, 2009 in Featured, Life | comments(8)
So, the BF and I are going to go to Vegas for Memorial weekend. Our flight leaves Phoenix around 6:30 p.m. (I have a half day at work, woot!) on Thursday and we should arrive in Vegas before 8 p.m. Here’s our itinerary, for those who are interested/jealous:
- We are staying at Binion’s on Fremont Street (the Old Strip, where casinos are closer together and hotel rooms are $40 per night)
- Le Reve at the Wynn on Friday night
- All-venue passes at The Palms, which includes Moon (retractable roof), Rain (where we will see DJ Paul Oakenfold spin), and Ghostbar, rooftop bar home of celebrities and panoramic views
- Brunch at Hash House A Go Go
- Karaoke at some point (venue not yet selected)
- And, for me, $600 of my Federal Tax Return to be spent on Pai Gow, Let it Ride, slot machines (especially my favorite, The Enchanted Unicorn), craps, and roulette
All with my best friend and her husband, who I haven’t seen in over a year and a half! Wish us luck, should be a great time!
By Honey on Sep 25, 2008 in Featured, Relationships | comments(7)
I’m feeling much better about the world today, for several reasons:
- 8 hours of sleep, uninterrupted by boyfriends, dogs, or cats (I was aided in accomplishing this task by my friend Tylenol PM),
- spontaneous morning sex, woot!
- the BF doing all my morning chores for me so I wouldn’t be late to work after our spontaneous morning sex, and
- the knowledge that I’m taking the day off work tomorrow to visit some relatives who live nearby.
Thanks for your support yesterday!