By Honey on Dec 23, 2009 in Health | comments(1)
Well, much like last year, I’ve been sick! About 5 folks from our office all got hit at the same time. So I’ve been drinking gallons of orange juice and eating nothing but bread – two things I usually avoid but which have been the only things I can stomach for the last 5 days. I’m finally on the mend enough to come in to work today and put out the inevitable fires that sprung up in my absence and which, apparently, I am the only one able to solve. The joys of being utterly indespensible, eh?
But I get to leave at 3 today, and Jake is probably leaving early as well. Then we have a four-day weekend, followed next week by a five-day weekend when we go to Vegas
for New Year’s! I’m totally stoked.
By Honey on Jul 8, 2009 in Featured, Marriage | comments(12)
Sorry about the long absence, my peeps! It was due to a multitude of factors:
- I went out of town for a few days for some freelance/contract work,
- When I got back parking & transportation services had moved my car (I was parked on campus) and I (and the police) thought my car was stolen for a horrible, horrible 24 hours,
- I caught a disgusting cold that laid me up for most of a week (stupid airports/airplanes), and
- By the time I was better I’d given it to the BF (and we all know sick guys are wussier and take more caring for than sick girls do), and
- Lance basically hadn’t posted in months and I decided that my responsible and regular posting was only enabling him, so I went on strike to make him post and find out what he was up to. Hey! It worked! You can send your eternal thanks to honey [at] honeyandlance.com
Every day I have said that I’ll write a post when I get home from work, but pretty much all that was happening was that I was experimenting with different varieties of homemade soup (yesterday I made watermelon gazpacho and it was amazing) so here I am writing away at work. I’m naughty that way. Continued
By Honey on Jan 7, 2009 in Life | comments(5)
Phew! One way or the other, I’ve been out of commission as far as the blogging thing goes lately. This has happened for several reasons:
- This is by far the busiest time of year at work,
- I ended up having to take time off because I was sicker than I’ve ever been before, and
- I took even more time off for a vacation – snowboarding in Flagstaff!
But now I’m back, and in an effort to not think about work when I’m at home (I set my “out of office” at my work Outlook to say that even though I’m in the office, I can’t answer external e-mails until January 15) I’ve decided to rev up my writing again. It’s about time! Continued
By Honey on Jul 17, 2008 in Life | comments(4)
Hey, everyone! Sorry I’ve been incommunicado for the last week or so. Life’s been crazy busy, as it all too often is. Here’s a little taste of what I’ve been up to.
Update on My Happiness
I’ve been doing a lot better as far as my personal independence since my Philosophy of Happiness post. I’ve gone out again with my sorority alum club and been to the gym almost every day. Also, in a recent conversation, the BF admitted that he’d been at fault, too. He’s really still in a lot of debt from grad school because his field doesn’t offer funding to grad students, and he also didn’t do a great job budgeting so there’s a credit card debt factor. As a result, he can’t afford to do a lot of the things he considers fun, and he admitted that he’s been taking out the frustration about the results of his poor financial planning on me. But I do have some news that is not only great for me, but which will also alleviate both our financial situations. Continued