So, I haven’t posted much this week, but things are swimming along smoothly in Honey-land so there isn’t much to talk about. Here’s a quick update, though:
After losing enough weight to not feel disgusting anymore, I have kind of been slacking and hovering in the very low 130s for awhile. However, I’m trying to get to the gym more (I think I’ve passed the point where it’s going to drop off simply by eating less, since I can’t eat much less than I have been). I’ve actually been jogging on the treadmill some in addition to going to yoga and pilates.
Jake also is going to join a sports league (they do lots of different sports – football, basketball, soccer, etc.) and says that I’m welcome to join him if I want. I’ll have to think about it, as I paid some good money for the access to the gym that I have now and also have never really been much for team sports. Right now I am leaning towards letting him do his own thing.
I had some unexpected expenses this month and it totally screwed with my budget for a few weeks, but I get paid this Friday and plan on making only a minimum payment on my credit card to bring my checking and ordinary savings account back to equilibrium. This is just fine because…
…my freelance gig is done and my payment ($2500) is being processed! Hooray! I’ve been debating quite a bit about what to do with the money, and given my current financial situation, here’s the plan:
- $1000 credit card payment. This will bring my total credit card debt under $4K, which is how much I have in my emergency savings and will bring me to a point where I can, literally, pay off my debt at any time. I don’t plan on doing that right away for a variety of reasons, but it’s nice to be in that position.
- Set aside $600 for Christmas. I have to double-check, but I believe this is what I spent last year.
- Any necessary money to put my checking/savings back into balance (I currently keep $500 in my ordinary savings account as overdraft linked to my checking)
- Buy a bicycle. I’m totally stoked about this.
- Set aside ~$300 for our trip to Illinois to visit Jake’s grandparents for Thanksgiving. This should cover my half of the rental car and maybe a nice meal in Chicago (there are no nice meals in Nowhere, Illinois, where we’re headed).
- Sock the remainder away in my ordinary savings account until I’ve determined how much additional money there is and decided what to do with it. Probably another credit card payment, if I’m being good.
Honey and Jake, Sitting in a Tree…
It’s all snuggles and schmoopy “I love you’s” in the Honey and Jake household these days. Sadly, no sex at the moment – I had an ear infection and was on antibiotics, then forgot to ask for a prescription for Diflucan at the same time and ended up with a yeast infection, ick. It’s a no-fly zone until Wednesday night
We’re slowly letting people know about May 12, 2012 (I told my dad in an e-mail today, actually!). After watching Zane get drunk on Three Sheets: Rio (available on Hulu, here) we also decided that the 2016 Olympics make Rio de Janeiro the perfect destination for a 10-year anniversary trip, so we’ve made a pact that we’re going to do it! Other upcoming activities include:
- My work’s Fall Welcome picnic this Friday, which we both go to because I am in charge of organizing the whole thing. This year, though, because it is less than 3 miles from our house, we are bringing the dog. Everyone’s excited to meet her!
- Arizona State Fair – demolition derby, baby!!! We’ve gone the past two years and this is one of my favorite things to do with him.
- Fear Farm – corn maze and other assorted terror.
- Las Noches de las Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Gardens.
- His work’s horrible Christmas party and Thieving Santa Giveaway, which we only attend because we have to.
So that’s what’s going on here. What’s up with you?
After you’ve left a comment below, check out these fine posts: