By Honey on Sep 14, 2009 in Marriage | comments(14)
So, as I’ve mentioned before (though not super recently), Jake and I set the date: May 12, 2012. We’ve already made some decisions:
- The wedding favors will be M&M’s with our initials
- Jake’s in charge of the cake
We were discussing engagement rings recently because I’d sent him an article from The Atlantic about how shady and terrible and manipulative the diamond industry is, and and we basically decided that it wasn’t an industry we wanted to support. Then we had the following e-mail exchange: Continued
By Honey on Jul 8, 2009 in Featured, Marriage | comments(12)
Sorry about the long absence, my peeps! It was due to a multitude of factors:
- I went out of town for a few days for some freelance/contract work,
- When I got back parking & transportation services had moved my car (I was parked on campus) and I (and the police) thought my car was stolen for a horrible, horrible 24 hours,
- I caught a disgusting cold that laid me up for most of a week (stupid airports/airplanes), and
- By the time I was better I’d given it to the BF (and we all know sick guys are wussier and take more caring for than sick girls do), and
- Lance basically hadn’t posted in months and I decided that my responsible and regular posting was only enabling him, so I went on strike to make him post and find out what he was up to. Hey! It worked! You can send your eternal thanks to honey [at] honeyandlance.com
Every day I have said that I’ll write a post when I get home from work, but pretty much all that was happening was that I was experimenting with different varieties of homemade soup (yesterday I made watermelon gazpacho and it was amazing) so here I am writing away at work. I’m naughty that way. Continued
By Lance on Feb 3, 2009 in Featured, Marriage | comments(5)
How are you doing with your new years resolutions? I’ve been meaning to blog my personal goals since the new years, but that post didn’t happen. Well, a month later the topic is still perfectly relevant.
I actually have a system for achieving my resolutions. If you read my post on the subject on TSBMag.com, you’ll see that the key for me is to engage other people (partners or groups). Also, I approach my resolutions as projects rather than just abstract ideas or ambitions.
Here are 3 of the personal projects I embarked on since new years and a breakdown of each one:
By Lance on Jul 29, 2008 in Marriage | comments(15)
Holy cow, have you seen this story? A woman, RoseMary Shell, was jilted a few days before her planned wedding to Wayne Gibbs in 2007. He dumped her by leaving a note in the bathroom and a check for $5000. She sued for “breach of promise.” She won and was awarded $150,000.
By Lance on Jul 4, 2008 in Marriage, Relationships | comments(7)
Peeps, this is an old post I’ve been saving for a rainy day. Since it’s fourth of July weekend and I’ve got a million things going on, I’m gonna run it now. I hope everyone is having some good Holiday Sex. What better way to celebrate our nation’s independence, eh?
I recently read this article, What Makes A Man Marry, by David Zinczenko, the editor-in-chief of Men’s Health magazine. Zinczenko lists four marriage makers that a woman has to have for a man to marry her: 1) Independence, 2) adoring, yet non-needy, 3) goals and imagination, and 4) ability to pull off the roles of wife, mother, boss, friend, neighbor, and vixen.
By Lance on Jun 10, 2008 in Marriage | comments(21)
Well so I went to a wedding of a good friend of mine this weekend and had a blast. It was a gorgeous day, the ceremony was beautiful (not too long), and the reception afterwards was fun. I spent time catching up with friends and meeting some nice new people. Yup, I drank free booze and macked on the chicks, although unfortunately everyone was married or in serious LTR’s. Not a target rich environment, as they say.