A quick update – spring is by FAR the busiest time of year at my job…two out of the three main stressors, though, are out of the way (Thursday and Friday of last week). Unfortunately, I woke up Thursday with a horrible crick in my neck, and couldn’t call in because of the aforementioned huge projects that I was in charge of. Saturday morning when my arm started to go numb, Jake took me to urgent care and I’ve been blissed out on vicodin and muscle relaxers ever since. Continued
Author Archive for Honey
Honey's main interests are online dating, long distance dating, and long term relationships. She met her boyfriend on MySpace and they have been exclusive since their first date over three years ago. Currently they live in Tempe, Arizona. Honey graduated with her PhD in Composition and Rhetoric in May 2009.
Well, things are looking up since my last post.
Jake has decided he has too much on his plate to do a real job search at the moment, so he’s calling that off. However, given what went down with his supervisor recently, he has decided to go balls-to-the-wall in terms of his working conditions at his current place. He thinks that there is a good chance that his strategy will pay off, in which case he’d be perfectly happy continuing to be there (it is not the amount of work he does that he objects to, it is a variety of aspects of the environment). If it doesn’t work out and they fire him, then obviously he will have plenty of time to do a big search. Either outcome would be better than the status quo. Continued
I won’t lie, peeps. The last month or so has been pretty horrible. I had just given Jake the go-ahead to look for jobs in other states because he’s so miserable and pissed off all the time at his current job that he’s afraid it’s going to be the demise of our relationship. And while I currently have no plans to end things, I know why he’s afraid of that happening – he is terrible at compartmentalizing his anger and so when he’s frustrated he does any of the following:
- Avoids coming home (which he does to spare me his moods but which he doesn’t tell me about until the last second, which leads to me preparing intricate home-cooked meals he’s not around to eat, or me passing on invitations to go out with my own friends and then him calling me at 8 p.m. to say he’s going out, and it’s too late for me to resurrect my own plans),
- Comes home and picks a huge fight with me for basically no reason (like us being out of Propel or me cooking his favorite fish as a surprise for him when apparently he didn’t want fish that day),
- Plays video games for 5+ hours at a time and doesn’t talk to me (he bought a PS3 recently).
He (almost) always apologizes for these things, but it certainly isn’t stopping him from doing it in the first place. We haven’t had sex in almost a month and a couple of times I found myself Googling apartments and hotels because I just didn’t know what to do. (For the record, I still tried to initiate sex – after the fifth or so time he “rainchecked” me I gave up.) Continued
Hey everyone! I’ve been off in a little reflective mode lately, as I mentioned in my sort-of New Year’s Resolutions post that I was going to be taking stock of my life and making a conscious effort to do the things that make me happiest. The thinking part gummed up my blogging mojo for a bit, but I decided that it was time to report on my progress in some different areas. Continued
Lance and I got into a spirited debate in the comments of a recent post about whether or not parents should shoulder the costs for their children to go to college. Now, this issue is moot for me for a couple reasons:
- I’m not having children, and
- Jake and I have $100K in student loan debt – APIECE – so between funding our retirement accounts (we got a late start on that, too, since we were already about 30) and paying off our own debts, there’s no way we could afford to send our kids to college even if we had any.
However, it does deserve consideration as a thought experiment about what you value, if nothing else. Plus he encouraged me to do a separate post on it, so here you go! Continued
Because it’s literally the first thing that I thought of when I heard the name of apple’s
new tablet, I have to share: